Raconteur is a premium publishing house with special reports, magazine, digital, research and custom publishing divisions.
We are committed to excellence across all our products and services by combining world-class journalism, data analysis, editorial imagery and striking graphic design.
Raconteur is founded upon the principle of connecting the growing ranks of intelligent readers with leading analysis and commentary on the important issues of the 21st century. By creating journalism that seeks to educate its audience and broaden their perspective, we passionately strive to provide them with access to in-depth knowledge rather than simply information.
Combining editorial rigour with robust research and a refined sense of design craftsmanship, we create clarity and credibility for businesses and brands.
Mid-weight Graphic Designer:
We are currently looking to hire a Mid-weight Graphic Designer to work in our studio. The responsibilities will be great but so will the reward, in being part of the team to put these amazing projects together.
Raconteur is a premium publishing house, which places first-class design as one of the pillars of its publishing strategy. Furthermore, our first and most important corporate value is “commitment to excellence”. The successful applicants will, therefore, have to display a strong passion for our publishing approach and have the track record to back it up.
Only people aiming for awards and recognition need apply!
- Working in a vibrant and growing creative department, you will be responsible for developing initial concepts, adding value and crafting the art direction of the publishing projects, and creating a range of stunning, below-the-line communications.
- Candidates should be able to show a portfolio that demonstrates outstanding editorial design ability, a keen eye for typography and that quirky “little something extra” which will catch our eye!
- You will be proactive and hungry for success, with an infectious enthusiasm for design and the desire to be brilliant.
Skills & Qualifications
- You will preferably have at least 5-10 years’ experience from award-winning magazines, newspapers or design agencies.
- As a must, you will have experience with infographics and illustrations
- Great design skills with a curiosity for all sort of multi-platform interactive content
- Mastery of Adobe CS Suite
- Experience in print and editorial design
- A keen eye for detail
- Well executed work with typography
- Excellent ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work quickly and effectively to tight deadlines is a must
- An outstanding, versatile portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create clean, corporate design
What we offer
Salary is dependent on experience. In addition, Raconteur offers healthcare and dental insurance. 25 days holiday per annum.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please email your CV and portfolio to Tim Whitlock, Head of Design, [email protected]
No agencies please