Title: Head of Marketing (temporary cover)
Start date: September 2019
Duration: Up to 12 months
Hiring Manager: Will Brookes (email@example.com)
Raconteur is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and driven B2B marketing head to run the marketing show while our current Head of Marketing is on maternity leave.
Our marketing function specialises in leveraging content marketing across our owned, earned and paid media channels with the overall goal of creating ideal leads for Raconteur Agency.
Our strategy focuses on raising awareness around our agency amongst our ideal prospects, mainly through digital advertising and our content hub, Business of Marketing. Further down the funnel our efforts are prioritised around collating new ideal data, nurturing those ideal prospects through our personalised automated nurture programs and converting them into qualified, engaged leads for our sales team.
This role will oversee all marketing efforts and be responsible for delivering against set targets.
1) Responsible for the delivery of the overall marketing strategy, ensuring key stakeholders are involved when necessary and optimising activity along the way
2) Managing three direct reports within the marketing team, holding quarterly reviews, monitoring and setting KPI’s
3) Working effectively with the rest of the senior management team to ensure Raconteur is delivering against our business objectives and representing the marketing function at the highest level
4) Overseeing the content created for Business of Marketing to ensure it is always technically correct and relevant to our audience
5) Responsible for the agency website, ensuring it is functional and meets the requirements needed to achieve our marketing objectives
6) Managing the communications and logistics for any Raconteur events
1) Worked in B2B marketing for at least 8 years with demonstrable success working on lead generation initiatives
2) Experience in line management
3) Strategic and creative thinker, always considering the big picture and then able to translate this into an implementation plan and deliver against it
4) Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders
5) Experience of working and performing in a high pressured, fast paced, environment
6) Educated to degree level or equivalent
7) Understanding and appreciation of content marketing
8) Experience of Salesforce and Pardot
Last but not least, the additional perks…
- £DOE base salary
- Quarterly performance bonus
- 25 days holiday per annum
- WFH policy
- Fruit! Loads of it!
- Mentor scheme
- Discounted gym membership and a range of additional perks
- Lots of social activities (wine club, yoga, 7-a-side football!)
- Well stocked drinks fridge
Raconteur was founded on the conviction that expertly produced, intelligent, visually engaging content need not be limited to lifestyle and current affairs publications.
For the last 11 years our Special Reports in The Times and The Sunday Times have delivered high-quality journalism, in-depth analysis and searing clarity to traditionally complex and inaccessible industry issues, capturing the attention of some of the most powerful decision makers across the globe.
Now 60 people strong, Raconteur has grown into a full-service content marketing agency, offering content strategy, creation and distribution solutions to leading B2B brands such as EY, Schroders, Google and Thomson Reuters.
Whether designing an infographic, digital lead-gen campaign or crafting a research report, we remain resolutely committed to providing exceptional, beautifully designed content that achieves business objectives, hits marketing KPIs and wins critical acclaim for our clients.
Strive for excellence. Be accountable. Genuinely care. Be a Raconteur
Raconteur is based in a large modern office space in Aldgate, with lots of breakout space. Even though the company has grown rapidly in recent years, we still have a tight-knit, supportive and entrepreneurial culture where we thrive on working together to create best-in-class products (which we tend to celebrate with a few drinks on a Friday).
We place a big emphasis on employee engagement (our engagement score through Peakon is 90%), as well as wellbeing, with all staff trained around mental health, and mental health champions permanently in place to offer support and organise activities to promote good mental health.
As a content marketing agency for leading B2B brands, we live and die by the strength and originality of our creative ideas. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that we promote equality and diversity in our workplace, and we encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.
Visit us on Instagram to learn more about our people and products: @raconteur_london.
This is a unique opportunity for you to join a high growth media company and make a real difference with your ideas, skills and experience. If you think this sounds like a challenge for you, let us know as soon as possible.
Please send your CV to Will Brookes (firstname.lastname@example.org)