Raconteur is a premium publishing house and brand publishing agency. Raconteur produces special reports for The Times and The Sunday Times, as well as content marketing solutions for brands and bespoke market research. Raconteur combines first-class journalism, imagery and graphic design with a commitment to high-quality executions in print and online across all of our services. Our content informs, inspires and influences thought leaders worldwide.
Raconteur is founded upon the principle of connecting the growing ranks of the mass intelligent with leading analysis and commentary on the important issues of the 21st century. We passionately search for “information gaps” and marshal resources in order to create quality long form content that seeks to educate its audience and broaden their perspectives.
Custom Publishing Manager
After achieving great success and brand recognition via its special interest reports desk, Raconteur is leveraging its brand, know-how and ambition in growing a Custom Publishing division for new and existing clients. This division focuses entirely on creating content solutions for leading B2B brands that value premium editorial and design in their communication and marketing portfolio. Existing clients include Google, Knight Frank, Siemens, HSBC, Bloomberg, Reuters & IBM.
As a Custom Publishing Manager, you will be managing a range of publishing projects and creating content for a variety of brands across a number of sectors (mainly B2B).
The role involves the complete management of projects, from brief through to print. Custom Publishing Managers are focused on researching industries, gathering and interpreting data, writing commissioning briefs and client proposals, project management and taking care of the production lifecycle of these projects. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the UK‘s leading journalists, editors, web developers and designers while putting together content marketing solutions for leading global brands.
The Custom Publishing Manager will collaborate and work in tandem with the Custom Publishing Consultants – who are focused on business development and marketing in order to grow the agency side of Raconteur. However, the role is highly client facing, so an enthusiasm for building client accounts through high execution standards is imperative.
As the role involves a lot of idea generation, synopsis writing and editorial consultancy for clients, we believe the ideal candidate needs to have a strong journalistic mind-set and experience – preferably from B2B, broadsheet or current affairs publishing. Or similar experience from a marketing department or B2B agency.
- Strong research skills and publishing experience is essential, preferably a minimum of 3-5 years. Experience with creating digital publishing projects also hugely beneficial. Great multitasking, time management and relationship building skills are also key to succeed in this role.
- Proficiency using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in InDesign a plus!
- Strong interest in current affairs/business/publishing
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Superb communication skills in spoken and written English
- A demonstrable and sustainable high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Clear entrepreneurial flair and passion for premium publishing
- Happy to work as part of a growing business
- Good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Able to work and perform in a fast paced and high-pressured environment
- Sense of humour and outgoing
- Strong academic background, a 2:1 Bachelor degree minimum from a top 10 University
What we offer
Raconteur Media offers an exciting salary and reward package for bright and self-motivated high achievers. The Custom Publishing Manager role will be paid a basic salary of £42,000 per annum depending on experience + commissions (OTE £ 50,000).
In addition we offer 20 days holiday excluding public holidays, health and dental insurance.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please email your CV and cover email to [email protected]