What’s the role?
A Content Strategist at Raconteur
What does that involve?
Content Strategists run the show when it comes to project delivery, consulting clients on content strategy alongside creating content, from videos to editorial and infographics to research reports. The role is kind of a hybrid of a managing editor, project manager and marketing strategist, with a bit of research analyst thrown in for good measure!
What type of person are we looking for?
There’s no one persona for Content Strategists but we all have highly inquisitive minds, are bold with our ideas and aim to be the very best at everything that we do.
We always need to be content experts so a background in editorial content creation is a huge help. However, it’s the intelligence to assimilate complex information, the artistry to see the story and the creativity to come up with winning ideas that really counts.
As you may have seen, design is really important to us so an eye for what looks good and the ability to work hand-in-hand with our in-house design team is key.
Excellent communication skills, an analytical mind and a talent for organisation are a must, obviously.
- Developing content strategies for predominantly b2b businesses across industries
- Researching and writing sophisticated editorial briefs for thought leadership content
- Designing proprietary research proposals and questionnaires, as well as analysing survey results
- Commissioning, editing and proofing editorial
- Data storytelling
- Working with the design team to create innovative editorial and web design
- Writing video/podcast scripts and assisting with storyboarding
- Contributing to pitch proposals
- Managing and building strong client relationships
- Managing freelance contributors
- Managing project P&L and timelines
Who are Custom’s clients?
We create content solutions for some of the leading B2B brands in the world. Existing clients include KPMG, Google, Knight Frank, Mastercard, HSBC, Bloomberg, Reuters & Freshfields.
And, what about the company?
Raconteur was founded by two Swedish entrepreneurs in 2008 and this spirit is still alive and well a decade later. We’re probably best known for our special reports in The Times but have fast growing digital and custom divisions. However, whatever the division, we’re passionate about combining first-class journalism with impactful visual storytelling.
In addition to a commitment to excellence, one of our values is vibrancy, which makes Raconteur an amazing place to work.
£42,000 plus commission
Please send a cover email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org